Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Making the Best out of a Fail: Flat Twist Edition

Don't you just hate when a hairstyle you had so much hope for turns out to be complete utter crap? Well that happens to me ALL the time. Since most blogs and vlogs only document the triumphs of hairstyles I feel that it's only right that I expose fails. Lol. Because we know it's not realistic to have a winning hairstyle all the time. SO let's hop to it.

Pinterest is my go to when I need hair inspiration, it's a really great tool to get ideas. View my board while you're at it http://www.pinterest.com/krystalnometh/natural-hair-inspirations/ (Not-so-shameless plug) Lol. So one hairstyle I see ALL the time on Pinterest is this one
A flat twist out done by the beautiful Ms.Rokia, follow her on IG @MsRokia.But yes I see this hair style ALL the time so I was like, "Gee Krystal, I bet you can get your hair to turn out like that. Now keep in mind I haven't done flat twist since I was transitioning so I knew I was up for the challenge.

Now unfortunately I don't have any picture of my hair while or after I washed it, only the results. I'll be sure to document it better next time.


Here are all the products I used on my hair. To set my hair I used the Blue Magic Organic Castor Oil. Yes, technically it is grease, however it leaves my hair feeling amazing and it defines pretty well. I see a review on that in the future. 
It took me darn near an hour to set my hair. I was too excited when it was over. Oh, hey Audrey! Lol

Side View.
Back View. 

 Annddd these were the results. Smh 
I tried to smile about it. 
 The side view is what killed it for me. It was as "together" as I would have liked it to be. 
Yeah...I'm pretty much over it right now. NEXT!
 Headband+Puff Combo to the rescue. Lol
 I was still pretty upset. I put in all that hard work just to wear a dang puff. Smh 
But by the second day I embraced it. :) 

Yeah so that's my hairstyle fail for you. It's pretty upsetting when a hairstyle doesn't turn out the way you want it to but sometimes you just got to learn how to finesse it and move on. 

This was tried on my hair last year around February. I know by now my hair has gotten longer and I probably can nail the hairstyle next time. So fingers crossed that I will get closer to it becoming a duplicate next time. 

Until next time! 

-Krystal  



No comments:

Post a Comment